Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hot Springs Village is our First Stop!

John Paul, Director of Golf at Hot Springs Village (far left) offered to host Dylan (third from left) on his journey across America and Rick Ross (second from left), Professional/Supervisor at Magellan Golf Course not only played with Dylan and I - but also promptly birdied the first two holes! It was a cold day to me (high 50s/low 60s and partly cloudy) but not to Dylan. By the time we started, he was in shorts and a short-sleeve golf shirt (must have seemed like a Massachusetts summer day!) Despite the wet conditions, Magellan was in great shape and was the only remaining Village course that had not been aerified - so it was the natural choice. Like any 18-year-old, Dylan is often unkind to the ball going at his driver full-force on every swing, often out driving me by 40 to 50 yards. There was one hole though (#15) where I snuck it by him by cutting off the corner on a dogleg par-5 (I am not sure he is over that yet). Dylan is a good player - an admitted 4 handicapper and wound up with a 77 (playing the ball down). It was a fun day and glad I was a small part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment